Download American Corrections: Concepts and Controversies (2nd Edition) written by Barry A. Krisberg, Susan Marchionna, Christopher Hartney in PDF format. This book is under the category Law and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 1506362362; 1544324677/9781506362366/ 9781544324678. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
American Corrections; 2nd Edition; (PDF) offers you an issues-oriented; contemporary introduction that covers every aspect of corrections; prompting you to think critically about complex issues that are affecting the current U.S. correctional system. Incorporating the most recent research; theory; and data available; the 2nd Edition encourages you to explore the most progressive and interesting developments in correctional policy and practice. Authors Susan Marchionna; Barry A. Krisberg; and Christopher J. Hartney draw from years of professional experience to give you a practical knowledge of corrections; as well as provide a framework for thoughtful analysis into what is plaguing the American correctional system and a realistic exploration of the solutions that could make a big difference.
New to the 2nd Edition:
- Updated statistics; references; court rulings; and data help you understand the latest trends in correctional practices.
- New Spotlight boxes introduce you to key issues such as immigration and detention and the opioid addiction epidemic.
- Up-to-date coverage of today’s key issues reflects the latest developments in corrections; including the fiscal impact of corrections; reforms in corrections; and an expanded use of alternatives to incarceration.
- Incisive exploration of policies proposed by the Trump administration shows you how the current administration’s approach differs from Obama-era sentencing reforms and encourages students to think critically about the potent impacts on the correctional system.
- Debates around the effectiveness of corrections encourage you to think critically about problem-solving courts; probation; split sentences and flash incarceration; new recidivism studies; rates of racial and ethnic disparity in adult and juvenile corrections; and over-representation of youth of color in prisons.
- Recent trends are discussed to give you a clearer picture of how the correctional system has transformed over the years; including the decline in the practice of incarcerating juveniles in large prisons; the rising incarceration rate for women; the treatment of mentally ill inmates; the increase of private prisons; and more.
“This ebook is not too thick that students would feel over whelmed by purchasing it or discouraged from reading.” — Makeda Carr
“Provides thought-provoking and well-cited sidebars and extensive and helpful supplemental pedagogical resources.” — Cary Adkinson
“Complete; up to date; engaging textbook with unique features making it appropriate for either face-to-face or online courses in contemporary corrections.” — Ronald Everett
“It is a thorough and focused work on American corrections providing a solid opportunity for students to learn not only how the correctional system works but also to understand its ever increasing complexities.” — Dorie Astle
“I would (and have) highly recommended this textbook to colleagues because of its comprehensive; direct approach to critically evaluating the current landscape of the American correctional system. I would also mention the critical lens through which the textbook is written; and emphasize the importance of this perspective as college students become educated in the area of corrections.” — Darin Haerle
Barry A. Krisberg, Susan Marchionna, Christopher Hartney
SAGE Publications; Inc; 2nd edition
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.