Charles Swanson,Neil Chamelin, Leonard Territo, Robert W. Taylor
McGraw-Hill Higher Education
0078026571; 1259868001; 1259867943
9780078026577/ 9781259868009/ 9781259867941
This latest new edition of Swanson’s Criminal Investigation 12e (PDF) is widely recognized as the most accurate and comprehensive textbook in the field. This step-by-step; practical introduction to criminal investigation gives college students a logical framework for understanding the investigative process. Major sections cover current issues such as environmental crime; videotaping of crime scenes; the looting of archaeological sites; street gangs; and drugs. Case studies throughout the textbook emphasize the applied technique of criminal investigation. Charts; graphs and compelling photographs found throughout the ebook depict the practical aspects of the investigation and help to clarify any difficult scientific concepts.
Swanson’s Criminal Investigation; 12th edition; is a comprehensive tool for students who are planning to work in law enforcement or a related field. Opening with a discussion of the evolution of criminal investigation and the importance of forensic science; this ebook fully explores the investigative process; the types of crimes; and the trial process.
Criminal Investigation 12e differs from other textbooks on the subject in several highly important ways:
- Includes crime-prevention sections that help crime scene investigators work with victims to avoid further loss.
- Recognizes the uniformed officer’s role in and contribution to the ultimate success of an investigation; separate from the role of the detective.
- Presents criminal investigation as a science; rather than as an art; giving full importance to precision and rigorous methodology; setting it apart from and above other textbooks on the subject.
- Places techniques into context by discussing typologies in-depth; including offenders; offenses; and victims; enabling readers to take away a more comprehensive understanding of criminal investigation; while providing access to substantial reference information.
The authors Charles R. Swanson; Leonard Territo; Neil C. Chamelin; and Robert W. Taylor bring their vast range of experiences to the topic. Collectively; they have worked in municipal police departments and a sheriff’s office; been consultants to state; local; federal; and foreign police agencies; taught in police academies; held faculty appointments in criminal justice departments; and served as expert witnesses. The authors have written many articles and books and have presented papers at national conferences. Criminal Investigation reflects what they have learned from their practical experiences; supplemented by the relevant research.
New to This Twelfth Edition:
- Quick Fact boxes benefit students throughout the entire ebook.
- Every chapter has been updated with the most current information.
- A boxed feature highlights a new topic “Thinking Outside the Forensic Entomology.”
- Feature numbered boxes are included in most chapters to aid students and provide context.
- A host of new figures; photographs; and tables have been added to reinforce and expand the text coverage.
P.S We also have Criminal Investigation 12e testbank and other instructor resources for sale.
NOTE: This only includes the ebook Criminal Investigation; 12th edition in PDF. No online access codes come with the sale.