Robert N. Lussier, John R. Hendon
SAGE Publications; Inc; 3rd edition
Whether your students are majoring in general business or HRM, Lussier's Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development, 3rd Edition (PDF) will assist them in developing the skills necessary to identify talent, recruit talent, train talent, and develop talent. Bestselling authors Robert N. Lussier and John R. Hendon investigate the significant role that human resources (HR) plays in the strategic planning of modern businesses. Students are kept interested by the use of a wide variety of self-assessments, applications, and experiential activities, which also help them realize the relevance of human resource management (HR) as they acquire skills they can apply in both their personal and professional life.
The following items are new to the third edition:
- Included are all of the most recent listings from the SHRM 2016 Curriculum Guidebook, which cover every SHRM guide item. Also included are both the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification exam and the Human Resource Certification Institute Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam, for a grand total of more than 210 individual content requirements from the SHRM curriculum guide.
- New and updated case studies on companies like LinkedIn and Amazon bring HR themes to life, allow students to apply the concepts presented in the text, strengthen their critical thinking abilities, and explain how human resources are utilized to accomplish strategic goals.
- Students are given the opportunity to get experience in human resources (HR) by participating in new activities called Skill Builder. These exercises provide students practice in making decisions, working in teams, and acting out roles.
- The new edition explains not just new coverage of current trends in each chapter but also updated coverage of changes in the rules and regulations that have been implemented by the federal government.
- Students are challenged to put their HR knowledge to the test by new movies called HRM in Action, which illustrate core HR functions by employing a variety of relatable scenarios. The videos also include evaluation questions.
NOTE: This only includes a PDF that has been converted of Lussier and Hendon's Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development, 3rd Edition. As a result, the page numbers will NOT match the physical book.