Download Mixed-Species Forests: Ecology and Management written by Hans Pretzsch, David I. Forrester, Jurgen Bauhus in PDF format. This book is under the category Geology and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 3662545519; 3662572036/9783662545515/ 9783662572030. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
Mixed-Species Forests: Ecology and Management; (PDF) provides a detailed overview of the present state of knowledge concerning the ecology and management of structurally and compositionally diverse forests. It gives answers to central questions such as:
- Do the ecological features of mixed-species stands also translate into economic differences between monocultures and mixtures?
- How are the results of species mixtures on ecosystem functioning influenced by the particular species composition; stand structure and site conditions?
- How do mixed-species stands match with monocultures in relation to productivity; wood quality; and ecological stability in the face of disturbances and stress?
- How does any over- or underyielding at the forest-stand level develop from the tree and organ level; and what are the key mechanisms behind mixing effects?
- How can our present scientific understanding of mixed-species forests be combined into silvicultural concepts as well as practical forest management and planning?
- What are the scientific concepts used to evaluate the growth; dynamics; and functioning of mixed-species forests; how generalizable are they; and what type of experiments are necessary to develop them further?
In addition; the ebook addresses experimental designs and analytical approaches to study mixed-species forests and provides broad empirical information; general concepts; models; and management approaches for mixed-species forests. As such; it presents a valuable resource for educators; college students; and scientists; as well as professional forest planners; consultants and managers.
“Straightforward infographics and illustrations and infographics are an added advantage of the ebook; and the writing style needs special appreciation; let it be the abstracts or the take-home messages at the end of the chapters. This ebook must be recommended in the curriculum for natural resource management and forestry and is highly useful for students and also researchers.” — S. Suresh Ramanan; Basic and Applied Ecology; Vol. 35; 2019)
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook; Mixed-Species Forests: Ecology and Management in PDF. No access codes are included.
Hans Pretzsch, David I. Forrester, Jurgen Bauhus
Table of contents
Table of contents :
Front Matter….Pages i-x
Mixed-Species Forests: The Development of a Forest Management Paradigm….Pages 1-25
From Observations to Evidence About Effects of Mixed-Species Stands….Pages 27-71
Ecological and Physiological Processes in Mixed Versus Monospecific Stands….Pages 73-115
Stand Dynamics of Mixed-Species Stands Compared with Monocultures….Pages 117-209
Size-Structure Dynamics in Mixed Versus Monospecific Stands….Pages 211-269
Individual Tree Structure and Growth in Mixed Compared with Monospecific Stands….Pages 271-336
Ecological Stability of Mixed-Species Forests….Pages 337-382
Modelling Mixed-Species Forest Stands….Pages 383-431
Silvicultural Options for Mixed-Species Stands….Pages 433-501
Forest Management Planning in Mixed-Species Forests….Pages 503-543
Economics of Mixed Forests….Pages 545-577
Perspectives for Future Research on Mixed-Species Systems….Pages 579-606
Back Matter….Pages 607-653
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.