Laura Hall, Carol Atkinson, Stephen Taylor Torrington
Pearson Education UK; New 10th edition (January 17; 2017)
The 10th edition of Torrington's Human Resource Management is a PDF textbook that is highly recommended to both HR students and professionals because of its engaging writing style and comprehensive coverage of the theory and practice of HRM. — Keele University's Dr. Aikaterini Koskina is the Undergraduate Course Director for HRM.
This tenth edition has been thoroughly brought up to date with the latest changes in economic, social, and legal employment practices, and it has been specifically created to be relevant to the concerns and debates that are currently affecting HRM. Its primary characteristics are as follows:
- Games and thought-provoking prompts for group conversation designed to foster analytical thinking and comprehension
- Asynchronous recruitment; agile organizations; dynamic capabilities and HR planning are some of the new issues being covered.
- The part on valuable and varied abilities has been expanded with the addition of a new chapter on advanced skills as well as an emphasis on the employability of skills.
- A new chapter on “HRM throughout the world,” as well as technology advancements in relation to HRM, such as the application of analytics and big data.
- The courses ‘Theory into Practice' and ‘Window on Practice' are designed to help students comprehend and implement HRM principles through the use of real-world scenarios.
This book has been widely regarded as the best introduction to human resource management (HRM) for the past three decades by students of all academic levels, including those enrolled in CIPD-accredited programs. The 10th edition of Human Resource Management is recognized for its readable and engaging approach, which has made it popular among students and professionals alike. This version is both comprehensive and easy to understand.