Liangyan Ge, Nyan-Ping Bi, Tao-chung Yao, Yaohua Shi, Yuehua Liu
Cheng & Tsui
Highly effective teaching and learning of Mandarin Chinese is the focus of Integrated Chinese, a well praised language course that provides a unified set of print and digital resources. The Integrated Chinese series, which began publication in 1997 and is currently in its fourth edition, is widely regarded as the best Chinese language textbook available in the United States and internationally.
This classic series' Workbook has been updated to meet the demands of modern students.
• Equal weight is given to the four cornerstones of language learning: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
• Students can use lesson opener checklists for self-evaluation and to keep track of their progress.
• Idiomatic expressions improve speakers' ability to communicate and comprehend other cultures.
• There is audio available online for the exercises that test listening comprehension.
• Students are prompted to respond in Chinese without using an English translation.
• Contextualized language instruction and the practice of prediction are facilitated by authentic realia.
• Improve your pronunciation and familiarity with Chinese characters with the help of Pinyin and Tone exercises.
• More practice writing helps with both reading and writing Chinese characters.
• Students are better able to customize and internalize the language through open-ended assignments.
• Active use of language in a variety of contexts is fostered via exercises in interpretation, interaction, and presentation.
• After every five lessons, students' progress is evaluated with cumulative review units.
The ChengTsui Web App also features access to the Workbook and the Character Workbook.
Workbook exercises are offered digitally alongside Textbook material with auto-grading capabilities. The Character Workbook can be printed out for some much-needed penmanship drills.
Check out chengtsui.co if you want to learn more.