Download Large Animal Internal Medicine (5th Edition) written by Bradford P. Smith in PDF format. This book is under the category Animals and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 323088392/9780323088398. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
Large Animal Internal Medicine 5th Edition features a problem-based approach to the diagnosis and management of disease in cattle; horses; sheep; and goats. It offers discussions of over 150 clinical signs and manifestations; as well as comprehensive coverage of diagnostic and laboratory testing. Thoroughly revised and updated content includes vaccination protocols and new vaccines; the most current laboratories for genetic; DNA; and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers. It’s everything you need to stay up to date with the latest information on preventing and treating disease in large animals.
- More than 200 expert authors contribute information in their areas of expertise for the most authoritative; current information on each topic.
- Discussions of over 150 clinical signs or manifestations of disease provide you with a problem-based approach to diagnosis based on what you observe and what laby tests reveal.
- Color plates accompanying Diseases of the Eye and Diseases of the Alimentary Tract chapters illustrate the clinical appearance of ophthalmologic conditions and endoscopic views of equine alimentary tract disorders.
- Causes of Presenting Signs boxes offer quick access to the uncommon; less common; and common diseases associated with manifestations or signs of disease.
- Causes of Abnormal Laboratory Values boxes highlight the possible interpretations of abnormalities in clinical chemistry; hematology; blood proteins; and clotting tests.
- Thorough and extensive index makes it easy to quickly locate key information.
- An extensive list of useful references on a companion website; many linked to their original source on PubMed; enables you to continue research on specific topics of interest.
- NEW! Extensively updated content from expert authors clarifies the latest research and clinical findings on pain; the nervous system; toxicology; BVD; malignant catarrhal fever; bluetongue; and strong ions.
- NEW! Vaccines and vaccination protocols keep you up-to-date with the information you need to prevent newly emerging diseases in large animals.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of the veterinarian’s role in animal welfare; equine abdominal ultrasound; genetic; DNA; and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers supplies you with the most current large animal internal medicine information.
- NEW! Current information on foreign animal diseases dangerous to large animals in the US; including coverage of rinderpest; keeps you aware of diseases that can be transmitted from other countries.
Bradford P. Smith
Mosby; 5th edition (May 14; 2014)
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.