Markus Raab, Paul Wylleman, Roland Seiler, Anne-Marie Elbe, Antonis Hatzigeorgiadis
Sport and Exercise Psychology Research: From Theory to Practice (PDF) provides a comprehensive summary of new research in sport and exercise psychology from worldwide researchers. Encompassing research; theory; and applications; the ebook is split into several themed sections. Section 1 discusses basic antecedents to performance including practice; fitness; team dynamics; emotion; and more. Section 2 identifies factors influencing individual performance. Section 3 discusses applied sport psychology for athletes and coaches; and section 4 includes approaches from exercise psychology on motivation and well-being. The ebook includes a mix of award-winning researchers from the European Sport Psychology Association; along with top researchers from the U.S. to bring an international overview to sport psychology.
- Identifies performance enhancers and inhibitors
- Encompasses research; theory; and applications
- Includes sport psychology and exercise research
- Includes international contributions from the US and Europe.
- Features applied information for use with teams; coaches; and elite athletes