Download An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis (3rd Edition) written by Alan Agresti in PDF format. This book is under the category Mathematics and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 1119405262/9781119405269. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
A valuable new edition of a standard reference
The use of statistical methods for categorical data has increased dramatically; particularly for applications in the biomedical and social sciences. An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis; 3rd Edition (PDF) summarizes these methods and shows readers how to use them using software. College students will find a unified generalized linear models approach that connects logistic regression and loglinear models for discrete data with normal regression for continuous data.
Adding to the value in the new 3rd edition is:
• Illustrations of the use of R software to perform all the analyses in the ebook
• New sections in many chapters introducing the Bayesian approach for the methods of that chapter
• An appendix showing how to use Stata; SAS; and SPSS; and an appendix with short solutions to most odd-numbered exercises
• More than 70 analyses of data sets to illustrate application of the methods; and about 200 exercises; many containing other data sets
• A new chapter on alternative methods for categorical data; including smoothing and regularization methods (such as the lasso); classification methods such as linear discriminant analysis and classification trees; and cluster analysis
Written in an applied; nontechnical style; this ebook An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis 3e illustrates the methods using a wide variety of real data; including environmental questions; drug use by teenagers; medical clinical trials; basketball shooting; correlates of happiness; horseshoe crab mating; and much more.
An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis; Third Edition is an invaluable tool for biostatisticians and statisticians as well as methodologists in the social and behavioral sciences; medicine and public health; education; marketing; and the biological and agricultural sciences.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis 3rd edition in PDF. No access codes included.
Wiley; 3rd edition
Table of contents
Table of contents :
Series Page……Page 3
Title Page……Page 4
About the Companion Website……Page 14
1 Introduction……Page 16
2 Analyzing Contingency Tables……Page 40
3 Generalized Linear Models……Page 80
4 Logistic Regression……Page 104
5 Building and Applying Logistic Regression Models……Page 138
6 Multicategory Logit Models……Page 174
7 Loglinear Models for Contingency Tables and Counts……Page 208
8 Models for Matched Pairs……Page 242
9 Marginal Modeling of Correlated, Clustered Responses……Page 268
10 Random Effects: Generalized Linear Mixed Models……Page 288
11 Classification and Smoothing……Page 314
12 A Historical Tour of Categorical Data Analysis……Page 340
Appendix: Software for Categorical Data Analysis……Page 346
Brief Solutions to Odd-Numbered Exercises……Page 364
Examples Index……Page 380
Subject Index……Page 384
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.