Guang Yang, Lin Xiao, Lallepak Lamboni
An authoritative introduction to the science and engineering of bioinspired materials
Bioinspired Materials Science and Engineering (PDF) offers a comprehensive view of the science and engineering of bioinspired materials and includes a discussion of biofabrication approaches and applications of bioinspired materials as they are fed back to nature in the guise of biomaterials. The expert authors also review some biological compounds and show how they can be useful in the engineering of bioinspired materials.
With contributions from noted experts in the field; this comprehensive resource considers biomacromolecules; biofabrication; and biomaterials. The authors illustrate the bioinspiration process from materials design and conception to the application of bioinspired materials. In addition; the textbook presents the multidisciplinary aspect of the concept and contains a typical example of how knowledge is acquired from nature around us; and how in turn this information contributes to biological sciences; with an accent on biomedical applications. This important resource:
- Explores electroactive hydrogels based on natural polymers
- Contains information on turning mechanical properties of protein hydrogels for biomedical applications
- Illustrates the fabrication of 3D-tumor invasion models and their potential application in drug assessments
- Offers an introduction to the science and engineering principles for the development of bioinspired materials
- Includes a summary of recent developments on biotemplated formation of inorganic materials using natural templates
Written for biologists; physicists; chemists; and engineers; Bioinspired Materials Science and Engineering contains an indispensible resource for an understanding of bioinspired materials science and engineering.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Bioinspired Materials Science and Engineering in PDF. No access codes included.