Adam Haycock, Jonathan Cohen, Brian P. Saunders, Peter B. Cotton, Christopher B. Williams
Wiley-Blackwell; 7th Edition
The seventh edition of Cotton and Williams' Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (PDF), which has been translated into seven languages, has served as the basic primer for endoscopy around the world for the past 25 years. It offers condensed, clinical and practical guidance on the fundamentals of endoscopy practice, including patient positioning and safety, how to carry out various endoscopic procedures, and the most recent in therapeutic techniques and improvements in technology.
The fact that it takes a step-by-step, practical approach, in particular through the use of superb color artwork to explain both the correct and incorrect ways to do an endoscopy, is the primary reason for its widespread acceptance and success. When you add to this the weight and skill of its author team, which is headed by Peter Cotton and Christopher Williams, the end result is a tool that is vital for all endoscopists and gastroenterologists, and in particular for trainees who are eager to improve their endoscopic technique.
In the seventh edition, Peter Cotton, Christopher Williams, and Brian Saunders are joined by two stars of endoscopy in the United Kingdom and the United States: Jonathan Cohen and Adam Haycock. The following items are brand new to the seventh edition: There are approximately 35 movies of a high quality that illustrate best endoscopic practice; each of these videos is referenced in the text through “video eyes.”
- The most important takeaways from each chapter
- MCQs for independent study that test familiarity with key concepts
- The most recent suggestions and recommendations made by the ASGE, ASG, UEGW, and BSG.
- A clinical photo imagebank that may be accessed online to supplement the line drawings; this resource is ideal for downloading and including into scientific presentations.
- A great deal more information regarding the procedures for mucosal resection and small bowel endoscopy—for capsule and “deep” enteroscopy.
The seventh edition of Cotton and Williams' Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: The Fundamentals has been completely updated, is just as masterful as previous editions, and is, once again, the premier endoscopy manual for a whole new generation of endoscopists and gastroenterologists.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That Cotton and Williams' Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: The Fundamentals 7e is only being offered in PDF format in this sale. There are no access codes provided.