Patricia G. Morton, Dorrie K. Fontaine
Wolters Kluwer Health; 11th edition
Train your students for successful critical care nursing practice!
Focusing on preparing students to offer optimal care for critically ill patients and their families; this updated Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach; 11th Edition; (PDF) of Morton’s classic text combines the latest research in nursing and health care education while providing concise; clear writing; outstanding illustrations and photographs; and a holistic approach to the complexities of critical care nursing. By providing theory and principles within the context of practical application; the authors encourage critical thinking and clinical decision-making in each chapter and focus the patient as the center of the health care team’s struggles.
KEY FEATURES OF THE 11TH EDITION:
- NEW! QSEN icons signal pertinent content within the textbook.
- Considerations for Older Patients boxes stress the special needs of the fastest-growing segment of our population.
- Updated Spotlight on Genetics boxes comprises of important genetic information and summaries of chosen genetic disorders.
- Health History boxes summarize main areas to cover and relevant information that may be disclosed during the health history.
- Updated Case Studies with Critical Thinking Questions guide students on the journey from information to practical application.
- Collaborative Care Guides incorporate nursing diagnoses and focus outcomes and interventions based on teamwork and collaboration.
- Patient Safety boxes guide effective and safe practice by notifying the critical care nurse to risk factors; symptoms and signs; side effects; and complications.
- Updated Evidence-Based Practice boxes include extracts from the latest AACN practice alerts and published research; helping readers understand the significance of the research-based practice.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach 11e in PDF. No access codes are included.