Download Introduction to Forensic Chemistry written by Kelly M. Elkins in PDF format. This book is under the category Chemistry and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 1498763103/9781498763103. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
Forensic chemistry is a subdiscipline of forensic science; its principles lead the analyses performed in modern forensic laboratories. Forensic chemistry’s roots lie in; toxicology; medico-legal investigation; and microscopy and have since led the advancement of modern forensic analytic techniques and practices for use in a range of applications.
Elkins’ Introduction to Forensic Chemistry; (PDF) is the perfect balance of testing methods and applications. Unlike other competing ebooks on the market; coverage is neither too basic nor overly advanced making the ebook perfect for use in both undergraduate and graduate courses. The ebook introduces spectroscopy; chemical tests; advanced spectroscopy; and chromatography to students. The second half of the ebook addresses applications and methods to evaluate and interpret controlled substances; trace evidence; questioned documents; explosives; environmental contaminants; firearms toxins; and other topics. The ebook looks at innovations in the field over time including the latest development of new distinct chemical reactions; instrumental tools; methods; and more.
- Comprises of chemical structures and useful spectra as examples
- About 300 full-color figures illustrating key concepts and over 20 case studies
- Addresses all the important topics without extraneous or overly advanced coverage
- Accomplishes the forensic chemistry course requirement in FEPAC-accredited programs
- Includes a chapter on Chemical; Radiological; Biological; Nuclear; and Explosive (CBRNE) materials
- Encompasses full pedagogy of chapter objectives; key terms; end of chapter questions; lab problems; and additional readings to emphasize key learning points
Accessible and comprehensive; without being overly technical; Introduction to Forensic Chemistry will be a welcome addition to the field and a perfect text designed for both the student user and professor in mind.
NOTE: Th product includes the ebook; Introduction to Forensic Chemistry in PDF. No access codes are included.
Kelly M. Elkins
Table of contents
Table of contents :
Content: An introduction to forensic chemistry and physical evidence —
Chemical tests —
The microscope —
Light spectroscopy —
Advanced spectroscopy —
Inorganic poisons and contaminants —
Controlled substances —
Trace evidence —
Questioned documents and impression evidence —
Latent print development —
Arson and explosives —
Cbrne chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives —
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.