Download Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach (2nd Edition) written by Sari Edelstein in PDF format. This book is under the category Health and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 1284036677/9781284036671. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
Updated and revised with the latest epidemiologic research; the Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach; 2nd edition; (PDF) explores nutritional foundations and the growth; development; and normal functioning of folks through every stage of life. With subjects as diverse as media influences on eating; fruit juice consumption; skipping breakfast; and clinical nutrition; this textbook gives college students current knowledge; helps them evaluate emerging knowledge; and prepares them to uncover new knowledge for their clients; the public; and themselves.
Key Features of the 2nd edition:
- Interesting Vignettes; based on health and nutrition; enhance college student’s understanding of the material presented.
- Evidence-Based Practice sections contain research articles that provide university students with an opportunity to create peer-reviewed studies and clinical trials.
- Cultural Diversity Sidebars; integrated throughout the textbook; present issues that challenge students to think critically about the nutritional and health differences among ethnic groups.
- Case Studies and Nutritional Management help the students develop knowledge and skills within a wide variety of subjects and improve critical thinking; public speaking; and group interactions.
- Issues to Debate sections provide timely topics for debate and further consideration such as withholding and withdrawing nutrition; the ethical implications of nutrition care; and the right to die case law. Students will learn the physiological; ethical; moral; and legal issues surrounding these emotionally charged issues.
NOTE: This product only includes the ebook Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach; 2nd edition; in PDF. No access codes included.
Jones – Bartlett Learning; 2nd edition
Table of contents
Table of contents :
Content: Nutrition requirements during pregnancy —
Evidence-based nutrition in the life cycle : prenatal to the adolescent —
Normal infant nutrition —
Normal nutrition for toddler through school-aged children and the role of parents in promoting healthy nutrition in early childhood —
Normal adolescent nutrition —
Special topics in prenatal and infant nutrition : genetics and inborn errors of metabolism and failure to thrive —
Special topics in toddler and preschool nutrition : vitamins and minerals in childhood and children with disabilities —
Special topics in school-aged nutrition : pediatric vegetarianism, childhood obesity, and food allergies —
Special topics in preadolescence and adolescent nutrition : dietary guidelines for athletes, pediatric diabetes, and disordered eating —
Adult evidence-based nutrition in the life cycle —
Special topics in adult nutrition : chronic disease nutritional assessment —
Special topics in adults and chronic diseases : nutrition and public health —
Special topics in adult nutrition : physical activity and weight management —
Special topics in nutrition and the older adult : diet, life-style, disease, and pharmacologic considerations —
Special topics in age-related risks : unique nutrition issues in the older adult —
Special topics related to the registered dietitian and older adults : roles and responsibilities of the registered dietitian in long-term care —
Special topics in nutrition and ethics : feeding and ethical issues at the end of life —
Interpreting evidence-based research : major pediatric and adult nutrition studies.
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.