Wiley; 2nd edition
Materials' Optical Properties and the Applications of Those Properties 2e Presents a semi-quantitative method for analyzing the most recent discoveries made in the field of research into the optical characteristics of condensed matter systems.
This ebook examines the optical properties of materials together with their physical processes and the many classes that they fall into. It has contributions from reputable experts in the fields of electronic and optoelectronic materials and photonics. It takes a semi-quantitative approach to the topic and provides a summary of the fundamental concepts, reviews recent developments in the study of optical properties of materials, and provides a large number of examples and applications. Additionally, the book reviews recent developments in the study of optical properties of materials.
The Optical Properties of Materials and Their Applications; 2nd Edition (PDF) starts off by identifying the processes that need to be described in depth, and then it moves on to the relevant classes of materials. In addition to including four new chapters on the optoelectronic properties of organic semiconductors, the most recent advancements in electroluminescence, perovskites, and ellipsometry, the ebook discusses the following topics: the optical properties of disordered condensed matter and glasses; the concept of excitons; photoinduced changes; photoluminescence; and electroluminescence in noncrystalline semiconductors; and photoinduced bond breaking and volume change in chalcogenide glasses. In addition, there are chapters on the nonlinear optical properties of photonic glasses, the kinetics of the persistent photoconductivity in crystalline III-V semiconductors, and transparent white OLEDs. All of these topics are covered in the book. In addition, the reader will gain an understanding of excitonic processes that occur in quantum wells, as well as the optoelectronic properties and uses of quantum dots.
- Includes both the theoretical underpinnings and practical implications of the optical characteristics of various materials.
- Including both theory and experimental methodologies, as well as present applications and those still being developed.
- Suitable for use by those in the fields of materials science, chemistry, physics, and electrical engineering who are interested in the development of electronic materials.
- Authored by experts in their fields who hold international reputations and hold positions in departments of physics and electrical engineering as well as government laboratories
- Included are four brand new chapters on the optoelectronic properties of organic semiconductors, contemporary developments in electroluminescence, perovskites, and ellipsometry.
This book is ideal for upper-level undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as research and teaching professionals in the fields of physics, chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, and materials engineering. Optical Properties of Materials and Their Applications, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive resource that covers all of these topics.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That the product comes with a PDF copy of the ebook titled “Optical Properties of Materials and Their Applications, Second Edition.” There are no access codes contained within.