Download Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine (8th Edition) written by Gary D. Hammer, Stephen J. McPhee in PDF format. This book is under the category Medicine and bearing the isbn/isbn13 number 1260026507/9781260026504. You may reffer the table below for additional details of the book.
The goal of this trusted textbook; Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine; 8th edition (PDF) is to introduce you to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of 132 diseases (and associated signs and symptoms) commonly encountered in medical practice. The authors; all experts in their respective fields; have provided a concise review of relevant normal structure and function of each body system; followed by a description of the pathophysiologic mechanisms that underlie several common diseases related to that system. The accessible presentation features high-quality full-color illustrations; and numerous tables and diagrams.
A full-color case-based review of the essentials of pathophysiology covering all major organs and systems. More than 130 case studies with Q&A
A Doody’s Core Title for 2019!
Each chapter of Pathophysiology of Disease 8e concludes with a collection of case studies and questions designed to test your understanding of the pathophysiology of each clinical entity discussed. These case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to specific clinical situations. Detailed answers to each case study question are provided at the end of the ebook.
This unique interweaving of physiological and pathological concepts will put you on the path toward thinking about symptoms and signs in terms of their pathophysiologic basis; giving you an understanding of the “why” behind illness and treatment.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE MANY UPDATES AND ADDITIONS in Pathophysiology of Disease 8e:
- Totally revised chapter on neoplasia
- Updated references throughout the ebook
- More than 2/3 of the chapters are enhanced and refreshed by the input of new contributors
- Updates on fine-needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodules; and thyroid disorders in pregnancy
- New chapter sections on spinocerebellar ataxia; urticaria; idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis; and spondyloarthropathies
- 12 additional case studies; bringing the total to 132; one for each of the clinical entities discussed in the ebook’s 24 chapters
- New diagnosis and etiologic classification of diabetes mellitus; and review of mechanisms of newest pharmacologic agents for its treatment
- New tables summarizing adverse prognostic signs in acute pancreatitis; genetic syndromes associated with pancreatic cancer; and causes of end-stage renal disease.
P.S We may also have Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine 8e test bank and other instructor resources for sale. Contact for more info.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Pathophysiology of Disease 8th edition in PDF
Gary D. Hammer, Stephen J. McPhee
McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 8th edition
Table of contents
Table of contents :
Title Page……Page 4
Copyright Page……Page 6
1. Introduction……Page 31
2. Genetic Disease……Page 33
3. Disorders of the Immune System……Page 91
4. Infectious Diseases……Page 157
5. Neoplasia……Page 211
6. Blood Disorders……Page 313
7. Nervous System Disorders……Page 383
8. Diseases of the Skin……Page 487
9. Pulmonary Disease……Page 558
10. Cardiovascular Disorders: Heart Disease……Page 658
11. Cardiovascular Disorders: Vascular Disease……Page 742
12. Disorders of the Adrenal Medulla……Page 800
13. Gastrointestinal Disease……Page 828
14. Liver Disease……Page 935
15. Disorders of the Exocrine Pancreas……Page 1032
16. Renal Disease……Page 1097
17. Disorders of the Parathyroids & Calcium and Phosphorus Metabolism……Page 1154
18. Disorders of the Endocrine Pancreas……Page 1234
19. Disorders of the Hypothalamus & Pituitary Gland……Page 1295
20. Thyroid Disease……Page 1353
21. Disorders of the Adrenal Cortex……Page 1408
22. Disorders of the Female Reproductive Tract……Page 1483
23. Disorders of the Male Reproductive Tract……Page 1542
24. Inf lammatory Rheumatic Diseases……Page 1595
25. Case Study Answers……Page 1642
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.