Alan J. Cann
Academic Press; 6th edition
Cann’s Principles of Molecular Virology; 6th Edition; (PDF) provides an easily accessible introduction to modern virology; presenting principles in a clear and concise manner.
This fully updated Sixth edition explores and explains the fundamental aspects of virology; including the structure of virus particles and genome; gene expression; infection; replication; pathogenesis and subviral agents.
In addition; this update reflects advances made in the field; including HIV pathogenesis; bioinformatics; cryoelectron microscopy; and RNA interference.
- Includes online resources for students and instructors
- Contains updated learning outcomes and further reading for each chapter
- Presents new and updated information on bioinformatics and metagenomics
- New concepts in this edition include coverage of newly discovered and emergent viruses such as Ebola and MERS
- Provides a conceptual approach to the principles of molecular virology; with important examples of new advances in virology