Wolters Kluwer Health
552 pages [1206 pages in PDF]
A Concentrated and Applied Approach to the Ideas and Abilities Necessary for Your Success
Videbeck's Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th Edition (PDF) clarifies difficult concepts and helps you build a foundation for successfully working with clients experiencing mental health challenges regardless of the care setting. With an approach that is accessible, student-friendly, and clear, this edition of the text makes the material easy to understand. This textbook covers the entirety of psychiatric nursing, assisting you in achieving mastery of specific nursing interventions, honing your therapeutic communication skills, and learning to successfully apply information within the context of the nursing process.
- Your capacity to educate others is improved by the Client/Family Education boxes.
- Drug Alerts bring to light critical issues that are associated with psychotropic substances.
- Warning boxes are meant to draw your attention to any FDA concerns regarding a particular medicine.
- Nursing Interventions are essential therapeutic strategies that are used for a variety of conditions.
- The most recent results that are supported by evidence in the field of psychiatric nursing are presented in the Best Practice boxes.
- The Elder Considerations sections will prepare you to provide care for the increasing number of elderly people in the world.
- Nursing Care Plans outline efficient treatment strategies for a variety of patient conditions.
- The medical diagnostic characteristics of particular diseases are broken down into bullet points in the DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria boxes.
- Through the practice of self-reflection, the qualities of Self-Awareness contribute to the growth of the user on both a personal and professional level.
- These Concept Mastery Alerts will help you better understand fundamental ideas that are vital to your success in the classroom and in clinical settings.
- The use of cultural considerations enables you to provide care that is attentive to the cultural needs of a diverse variety of client populations.
- You will get more familiar with the characteristics of major disorders that you are likely to meet in clinical practice through the use of clinical vignettes.
- You can improve your communication skills with the help of Therapeutic Dialogues, which provide concrete instances of conversations that take place between nurses and their patients.
- Your comprehension will be strengthened by the Built-In Study Guide, which includes questions with multiple-choice and multiple-response options, as well as clinical examples at the conclusion of each chapter.
- You can gain a deeper comprehension of significant mental health conditions by clicking on the Watch and Learn icons, which will take you to the appropriate real-life videos from the Lippincott® Theory to Practice Video Series.
- New! The National League for Nursing's Unfolding Patient Stories put the nursing process into a realistic perspective in order to better prepare you for successful client interactions and interventions. These stories are written by registered nurses.
NOTE: This sale only comprises a converted PDF of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th edition. This means that the page numbers and layout of the eBook will NOT match those of the physical book.