Stewart C. Bushong
Mosby; 11th edition (December 12; 2016)
Utilizing Radiologic Science for Technologists: Physics, Biology, and Protection, 11th Edition will allow you to cultivate the abilities necessary to produce high-quality medical images in a manner that is both secure and efficient. This new edition has been updated and reorganized to reflect the most recent developments in the field. It is also aligned with the curriculum of the ASRT, which will help you strengthen your understanding of key concepts and prepare you for success on the ARRT certification exam as well as in clinical practice. This etextbook, which has firmly established itself as an essential resource for courses in medical imaging technology, will provide you with a solid foundation in the study and practice of radiologic physics; radiobiology; radiation protection; imaging and exposure; and a great deal more.
- You will be equipped to use the most up-to-date patient dosing technologies by reading the chapters on radiography/fluoroscopy patient radiation dose and computed tomography patient radiation dose in this book.
- NEW! You will be prepared to take the ARRT exam and do well in the clinical scenario thanks to the condensed versions of the physics and mathematics parts.
- You can better organize your thoughts and zero in on the data that is most relevant to your project by using chapter introductions, summaries, outlines, objectives, and key terms.
- This text can be utilized for more than one semester due to its extensive coverage of radiologic science topics such as radiologic physics, imaging, radiobiology, and radiation safety.
- Formulas, conversion tables, and abbreviations are marked so that commonly accessed information can be found quickly and easily.
- The most important material from each chapter is summarized in “Penguin” boxes.
- The exercises, matching, short answers, and computations that are found in the end-of-chapter questions are designed to help you review the previous information.
- You will have an easier time referencing and studying the content thanks to the enhanced glossary and key keywords.
- Mathematical formulas that are highlighted in some way draw attention to important information that is mathematical and deserves special focus.
Please be aware that this offer is just for the PDF version of the Book.