SAGE Publications; Inc; 6th edition
The new Anna Leon-Guerrero’s Social Problems: Community; Policy; and Social Action 6th edition (ePub/PDF) goes beyond the typical presentation of contemporary social problems and their consequences by emphasizing the effectiveness and importance of community involvement to achieve real solutions. With a really upbeat and bright tone; this thought-provoking textbook challenges readers to see the social and structural forces that determine our social problems; to consider various policies and programs that attempt to address these problems; and to recognize and learn how they can be part of the solution to social issues in their own community.
New to This Edition Sixth Edition:
- New “In Focus” topics include assault weapons; Black Lives Matters and college drug problems.
- New “Voices in the Community” subjects on work; gender; and the economy; and war and terrorism appear in several chapters.
- More recent data and new data sources have been incorporated throughout; both in the main narrative and in the “Exploring Social Problems” features.
- Many of the social policy discussions (including immigration; the Affordable Care Act; LGBTQ rights; and Internet neutrality) have been updated to reflect the most recent government debates and actions.
- The chapter on gender has been substantially updated with expanded or new coverage of binary/transgender/cisgender/ identification; sexual misconduct on college campuses; gender nonconformity discrimination; and the rights of trans and intersex individuals.
- Other new or expanded coverage elsewhere includes economic anxiety; robotization in the workplace; feminist theories about race; “fake” news; net neutrality; white nationalists; gentrification and segregation in U.S. cities; community policing; and the immigration and environmental policies of the Trump administration.
P.S The eBook is in original ePub format. A converted PDF is available on request (but it won’t have page numbers that match the physical ebook)