Marilyn J. Hockenberry, David Wilson
Mosby; 10th edition
The most widely used textbook in pediatric nursing, Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children, now in its tenth edition (PDF), takes an approach that is both easy to understand and distinctively developmental in order to describe how to provide care for children at every age and stage of development. Disorders and diseases that affect children are classified according to body systems and age groups, and are then discussed in terms of the nursing process framework. This tenth edition contains up-to-date information on a variety of issues, including new vaccines, guidelines for CPR, and pain assessment and management. This best-selling ebook offers an evidence-based and clinical perspective that demonstrates how the quality of nursing care can impact the quality of patient outcomes. It was written by pediatric experts Dr. Marilyn Hockenberry and David Wilson, each of whom has nearly thirty years of hands-on experience.
- When seconds count, having an easily accessible reference like an emergency treatment package can be invaluable.
- Drug Alerts bring attention to vital information concerning drugs, allowing for appropriate and safe care.
- The intricate illness processes are broken down and explained in Pathophysiology Reviews using illustrative summary boxes.
- Activities that require critical thinking Consider putting your own analytical abilities to the test with the assistance of case studies.
- A focus on wellness incorporates the fundamentals of disease prevention and health promotion for every age group.
- The Nursing Care Guidelines offer clear, comprehensive, and step-by-step guidance on how to conduct a variety of different skills and procedures.
- The Complementary and Alternative Therapy boxes contain up-to-date information on various alternative medical practices as an integral component of total, all-encompassing therapy.
- Nursing Tips provide helpful hints and practical and clinical information, whereas Nursing Alerts provide essential information that needs to be considered when giving care.
- UNIQUE! It is shown how nursing care directly effects patient outcomes, and quality patient outcomes are highlighted for important childhood illnesses and diseases.
- With a separate chapter and boxes labeled “Family-Centered Treatment,” a focus on patient care that is centered on the patient's family places an emphasis on the family's role and impact in the patient's health and disease.
- You are able to individualize care for each child at the appropriate level by taking a developmental approach, which takes into account the differences that occur at each stage of a child's growth and tackles those disparities.
- The contents of an atraumatic care box include ways for providing care that reduce the risk of pain, anxiety, or discomfort, as well as instructions for carrying out treatments in a compassionate manner.
- Nursing Care Plans serve as models for the planning of patient care; they include rationales that explain why particular nursing interventions were selected; they also include nursing diagnoses, nursing interventions and rationales, patient and family goals, expected outcomes, as well as NOC and NIC guidelines; and finally, nursing care plans are included in nursing care.
“Both a useful reference and textbook for neonatology and pediatrics…” — Jo Wilson, writing for the Nursing Times, March 2015
P.S. You can also get a more recent edition of this ebook to read. See similar ebooks below
PLEASE TAKE NOTE That this only includes the 10th edition of Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children. There are no access codes provided.