Paul J. Deitel, Harvey Deitel, Alexander Wald
Pearson; 3rd edition
This is the Deitel® handbook for professional programmers on how to develop applications for tablets and smartphones using AndroidTM 6 and Android Studio.
There have been millions of app downloads from the Google Play store! You will have access to everything you need to begin fast designing outstanding apps and getting them published on Google PlayTM with Android 6 for Programmers, Third Edition (PDF). This ebook takes an app-driven approach, which means that each new technology is discussed from the perspective of eight Android apps that have been fully coded and tested. Additionally, the ebook includes syntax shading, code walkthroughs, code highlighting, and sample outputs. Apps you'll develop include:
- Flag Quiz
- Cannon Game
- Record of Addresses
- Tip Calculator
- Welcoming Software
- Weather Viewer
- Google Searches on Twitter®
- Comprehensive; loaded with examples Coverage of:
- Immersive Mode; PrintHelper
- Availability; Expanding Into Other Countries
- Cursors; Loaders; content providers
- The Elevation of Material Design and Its Icons
- Intentions, Activities, Fragments, and Personal Preferences
- Themes and Templates for Apps Designed with Material Design
- Providing Support for a Wide Range of Screen Resolutions and Sizes
- Android 6, GradleTM, Theme Editor, and Vector Asset Studio are included in Android Studio.
- REST Web Services and JSON; Threading; SQLiteTM Database; Android 6 Permissions
- TextInputLayout; FloatingActionButton; AppCompat Library; RecyclerView; and Android Design Support Library
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, Events, Touch/Gesture Processing, Images, Resource Files, Audio, Graphics, and Animation are some of the topics that will be covered.
- In-App Billing; Virtual Goods; Google PlayTM Store; App Publishing; Pricing; In-App Advertising; Marketing; and more
- Visit www.deitel.com
Download some working examples of code.
- Visit www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html to sign up for the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail newsletter.
- Visit www.deitel.com/training to learn more about the programming training courses offered by the Dive Into® Series offered by Deitel.
About This Electronic Book:
In October of 2008, Google introduced the very first generation of Android smartphones. Up to June of 2015, Android held an 82.8 percent share of the global smartphone market, while Microsoft held a 2.6 percent share and Apple held a 13.9 percent share. Over one billion Android devices were shipped all over the world in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). Millions of apps have been downloaded through Google Play. The opportunities for people who design apps for Android are vast.
This ebook focuses on providing expert software developers with information on cutting-edge computer technologies. Instead of providing code snippets, the Deitel app-driven approach is utilized throughout the ebook, which means that concepts are presented within the context of fully functional Android applications. One or more sample executions are displayed in each chapter's beginning introduction as well as in the app test drives that follow. The source code for the ebook can be downloaded for free at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
This ebook contains programs that have been thoughtfully crafted to teach you about crucial aspects of Android, such as its capabilities and APIs. You will quickly learn everything you need to know in order to get started developing Android applications, beginning with a test drive of the Tip Calculator app in Chapter 1, and then building one new application in each of Chapters 2 through 9. You will be able to develop your own apps and submit them to Google Play and other app marketplaces by the time you reach Chapter 10. You will become proficient in the process of submitting content to Google Play, which includes uploading your applications. You will select whether to sell your applications or provide them for free, learn how to market them through social media, and discover how to monetize them using in-app advertising, in-app billing, virtual goods, and more. You will also determine whether to sell your apps or provide them for free.
“I am highly impressed by the work that you are doing on the ebook. It has the potential to become the most popular ebook available for Android devices on the market. It is encouraging to see a large number of well-explained examples of Android patterns' that can be advantageous. — Dan Galpin is an advocate for Android and the author of the book “Intro to Android Application Development.”
“I really wish that this ebook had been available back when I first began working on Android. I don't know of any other ebooks that address app publishing in such an appropriate manner, and the array of links that are provided is very outstanding. You will receive complete programs that demonstrate how various API components collaborate with one another. — Senior Software Engineer at Fullpower Technologies, Douglas Jones
P.S. Please get in touch with us if you are interested in obtaining the Android 6 for Programmers, Third Edition TestBank or any other teacher supplies.
NOTE: This product only comes with the PDF version of the ebook titled “Android 6 for Programmers 3e.” There are no access codes contained within.