Nanette B. Sayles
Education and training for health information management (HIM) professionals have been revolutionized and improved with the publication of the sixth edition of Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach.
The material presented in this book lends support to the current curricula competencies being taught by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), and the chapters have been mapped to the Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) domains being taught by AHIMA. The way the information is organized presents students with a logical progression that allows for the development of skills as well as the accumulation of knowledge.
Each chapter is written by a renowned leader in the HIM field using language that is clear and easy to understand to guarantee that the concepts are simple to grasp and reflect a strong foundation that is necessary for every entry-level HIM professional. Every chapter addresses contemporary HIM issues, including trends, practices, standards, and legal concerns.
- Expanded: Chapters on Clinical Terminologies, Classifications, and Code Systems; Data Management; Data Security; Research and Data Analysis; Healthcare Statistics; and Fraud and Abuse Compliance have had their subject coverage expanded.
- Rearrangement of management and leadership topics to more accurately reflect the dynamic nature of their interrelationship
- Rationales have been added to the book's check your understanding answer key located in appendix A, which can be found at the back of the book.
- Questions designed to test your comprehension can be found throughout each chapter to help reinforce key concepts and improve reading comprehension.
- Cases from the real world at the end of each chapter, present real-life scenarios that HIM professionals have to deal with, and are designed to start discussions that will elaborate on the chapter's topics.
AHIMA's curriculum competencies have been mapped to the chapter's content.
Student resources that can be downloaded include a student workbook that contains real-world cases and discussion questions related to those cases, as well as application exercises and review quizzes. Adaptive Learning is available for separate purchase. We provide ONLY the ebook, NO online access/codes will be provided.