Pearson Education; 3rd edition
The Introduction to Qualitative Methods in Psychology by Dennis Howitt, now in its third edition (PDF), is more helpful than ever before. This reliable and helpful student resource walks the reader through qualitative research from the point of collecting data to the point of analyzing the results, providing extremely clear examples and explanations along the way. In addition to that, it has specialized parts that provide direction on issues pertaining to quality, ethics, and report writing. The methods are dissected in order to provide a piece of step-by-step practical assistance and counsel; this makes it possible for university students to comprehend the theory and conduct their own independent study. All of this is accomplished while simultaneously delivering a comprehensive historical and theoretical framework for the qualitative methodologies.
- The extensive glossary includes explanations of important terminology in a concise format.
- Key concept boxes are used to emphasize essential terms and provide a more in-depth explanation of them.
- Research papers that serve as examples illustrate how the various approaches might be used in real-world situations.
- Understanding, learning, and review all benefit from having a consistent framework provided by the chapter structure.
- At the conclusion of each chapter, supplementary resources such as periodicals, books, and websites are suggested in order to facilitate additional research and make it more easily available.
“The ebook is a fantastic resource for students studying at the undergraduate level.” — Gina Z. Koutsopoulou and the University of Leeds
“The language is simple, and the instances are elaborated upon in a way that is easily understood.” There is no question in my mind that it will be appropriate for college freshmen in addition to those with a somewhat deeper level of comprehension. — Jane Montague and the University of Derby