Nigel Slack, Mike Lewis
Pearson; 5th edition
This textbook, Operations Strategy; 5th edition (PDF), by Slack and Lewis provides insight into the more sophisticated topic of Operations Strategy. The material is well-structured; it is straightforward; and it is intriguing. This ebook supports a comprehensive grasp of operations strategy in a variety of organizations and businesses by building on principles derived from operations management, strategic management, marketing, and human resource management. This PDF ebook builds on concepts from Marketing; Human Resource Management; Strategic Management; and Operations Management; in order to give college students a comprehensive understanding of Operations Strategy. It is best suited for students pursuing postgraduate degrees as well as advanced undergraduate degrees.
Something brand new for the fifth edition
- Numerous examples that have been recently revised and expanded, covering recent developments in operational strategy.
- An approach that draws attention to a number of the recent advancements in operations strategy, focusing in particular on the ways in which its concepts are finding wider application.
- The incorporation of some new content relevant to themes such as the VRIO framework, the concept of the three levels of performance, business ecosystems, and topics in product and service innovation, among other things.
- The inclusion of both short and long case studies, as well as the continuation of those case studies from the last edition that were found to be particularly well received. These instances can nevertheless serve as the foundation for a whole course on operational strategy.
- Each chapter has a number of different theories that explore the underlying themes.
- All-inclusive and easily accessible, with an outstanding combination of theory and practice
- Pay attention to how the operational resources and the external requirements are interacting with one another.
- At the beginning of each chapter, there are important questions that help set the stage, as well as responses that summarize the previous chapter.
- Case studies and examples that are both interesting and instructive, illustrating the broad and long-term challenges of operations strategy
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE That this sale only contains the PDF version of Slack & Lewis' ebook Operations Strategy 5e. There are no access codes provided.