Mosby; 5th edition
Applying mechanical ventilation principles to patient care; Pilbeam’s Mechanical Ventilation: Physiological and Clinical Applications; 5th Edition; (PDF) helps you provide appropriate; safe; and compassionate care for patients requiring ventilatory support. A focus on evidence-based practice includes the latest techniques and equipment; with complex ventilator principles simplified for optimal learning. This new 5th edition adds new case studies and new chapters on ventilator-associated pneumonia and on neonatal and pediatric mechanical ventilation. Starting with the most fundamental concepts and building to the most advanced; expert educator J. M. Cairo presents comprehensive; clear; up-to-date coverage of the rapidly evolving field of mechanical ventilation.
- Key Point boxes highlight need-to-know information.
- Chapter outlines show the “big picture” of each chapter’s content.
- Key terms are listed in the chapter opener; then bolded and defined at their first mention in the textbook.
- NBRC exam-style assessment questions at the end of every chapter offer practice for the certification exam.
- End-of-chapter summaries help with review and in assessing your comprehension with a bulleted list of key content.
- Additional case studies in each chapter present “real-life” scenarios; showing the practical application of newly acquired skills.
- NEW Neonatal and Pediatric Mechanical Ventilation chapter covers the latest advances and research relating to young patients.
- Case Studies with exercises and Critical Care Concepts address situations that may be encountered during mechanical ventilation.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of every chapter help in accurately gauging your comprehension and measuring your progress.
- Excerpts of Clinical Practice Guidelines developed by the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) make it easy to access important information regarding indications/contraindications; hazards and complications; assessment of need; assessment of outcome; and monitoring.