Tommie L Norris
Utilize this tried-and-true method of pathophysiology to get yourself ready for the challenges that await you in professional nursing practice. Porth's Essentials of Pathophysiology provides a concise yet comprehensive coverage of how the body works to assist you in establishing the scientific foundation necessary for success in your nursing career. This book does this by condensing important disease information into a format that is easy to understand and follow.
- An approachable presentation that promotes knowledge from fundamental to advanced concepts while simultaneously defining essential terms as one moves through the material.
- The text that has been “chunked,” which includes Learning Objectives, Key Points boxes, and Summary Concepts sections, brings attention to important points for contemplation.
- The clinical symptoms of diseases and disease processes are explained using images that are in full color.
- Review Exercises are found at the end of each chapter and serve two purposes: they evaluate your recollection of the material and suggest areas in which extra study is necessary.
- Access to normal laboratory values expressed in both conventional and SI units, as well as a thorough vocabulary, is provided via the references. This access is both quick and efficient.
- Your comprehension of the most difficult and practically applicable ideas can be improved by watching narrated animations that are accessible online and are referred to by icons in the text.