Nancy Boyd Webb, Luis H. Zayas
The Guilford Press; 4th edition
Social Work Practice with Children; 4th edition (PDF) is a leading course textbook and practitioner resource for more than 20 years–now revised and updated–this ebook presents developmentally and culturally informed methods for helping children in school; family; and community settings. Author Nancy Boyd Webb provides vital guidance and tools for practitioners. The textbook presents research-based strategies for working with victims of maltreatment and trauma and also children affected by bullying; poverty; parental substance abuse; and other adversities. Vivid case examples illustrate the “how-tos” and “whys” of play and family therapy; group work; and school-based interventions. Student-friendly features involve thought-provoking discussion questions and role-play exercises. Reproducible assessment forms can be downloaded and printed in a handy 8 1/2″ x 11″ size.
New to This 4th Edition
- Discussion of therapist self-care.
- A chapter on working with immigrant and refugee children.
- Good Coverage of working with gender-nonconforming children.
- Coverage of additional evidence-based practices for intervening with kids.
- Updated for DSM-5; and features up-to-date research on brain development; trauma; and more.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook; Social Work Practice with Children (4th Edition) in PDF. No access codes are included.